Today, the IELTS exam has become one of the most popular exams in the world for assessing learners’ comprehensive ability to use English and is considered a passport that opens up many learning and educational opportunities. work globally. So what is IELTS ? Let’s learn about the details of the IELTS exam and the benefits that the IELTS certificate brings.
IELTS is the abbreviation for International English Language Testing Systems, which can be roughly understood as the International English Language Testing System, founded by three ESOL organizations at Cambridge University, the British Council and IDP educational organization (Australia). ) in 1989. This is an international standardized test of English language proficiency with four skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. Currently, the IELTS exam is available in 140 countries with more than 1,600 test centers and is accepted as an official English assessment result by more than 11,000 colleges, universities, agencies and organizations. positions,… all over the world.
Detailed structure and method of the IELTS certification exam
The IELTS English certificate exam includes four parts:
* Listening: lasts 30 minutes and candidates have 10 minutes to transfer answers to the answer sheet
* Reading: 60 minutes
* Writing: 60 minutes
* Speaking: 10-15 minutes
IELTS exams are held in two main methods: Computer-Based (computer-based test) and Paper-Based (paper-based test).
Format of the IELTS exam
IELTS test is divided into 2 main types:
– Academic: for candidates who want to register to study at universities, institutes or postgraduate training programs around the world.
– General Training: for candidates who want to learn a profession, apply for a job, settle down and live in an English-speaking country around the world.
Both IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training test forms will test the same Listening and Speaking sections. For the Reading and Writing sections, the structure of the test content will be different depending on the type of test the candidate takes.
Why should you choose IELTS test?
– Opens up opportunities to receive scholarships to study, work and live abroad for pupils, students and working people.
– Exempted from the foreign language test of the high school exam for students with an IELTS certificate of 4.0 or higher.
– Receive admission opportunities directly from Universities.
– Recognized as meeting English language output standards at universities.
Things to note when taking the IELTS exam
5.1 Before the exam
– Pay attention to the exam timetable.
– Prepare and bring documents including ID card (Citizen ID) or valid Passport.
– Necessary items such as pencils, erasers, drinking water, etc. will be provided by the British Council during the exam.
– Due to the long exam time, candidates need to have a snack before the exam to avoid being hungry during the exam, causing discomfort and affecting the results.
5.2 During the exam
– Pay attention to listen and comply with the regulations and instructions of the exam board
– Limit drinking lots of water
– Pay attention and listen to the supervisor’s instructions
– Raise your hand for help when you have questions
5.3 After the exam
– Candidates are not allowed to leave the exam room voluntarily until they have permission to leave the exam room from the invigilator.
– If candidates have any complaints, questions or encounter problems that may affect the IELTS test results, please ask the proctor for an “Incident” form to fill out and submit within 1 week from exam date.
Regulations on cancellation and change of exam date
6.1 Changing the IELTS test date
– Candidates have the right to request to change the test date five weeks before the registered test date (from the date of the first skills test) without any additional costs.
– If candidates request to change the test date less than five weeks before the registered test date (counting from the first skills test date), candidates need to pay an additional 25% of the test fee for administrative procedures.
– In case, candidates wish to change the test date less than three days before the registered test date (counting from the date of the first skills test), the request to change the test date will not be accepted, except according to the regulations of the British Council.
6.2 Cancellation of IELTS exam
– If candidates request to cancel the exam before five weeks from the registered exam date (counted from the first skills exam date). Candidates will receive a refund of 75% of the exam fee.
– If the candidate requests to cancel the test less than five weeks before the registered test date (counting from the first skills test date). Candidates will not receive a refund, except for the exceptions below.
* Note : the exam fee refund process for candidates may take up to six weeks.
7.1 Look up results online
– Candidates can look up their results online on the British Council system and receive a hard copy (TRF) after 13 days from the date of the paper-based test or after 3 to 5 days from the date of the computer test.
* Note : IELTS exam results will not be announced via SMS due to the British Council’s information security policy.
7.2 Form of receiving certificate
Candidates can receive results and certificates in 2 ways:
– Receive directly at the exam registration unit
– Register to receive results and certificates at home.
Review the exam
– Candidates have the right to request a review of each skill or all four skills after receiving the exam results.
– Candidates log in to the Test Taker Portal system to make online requests and pay the re-examination fee of 2,160,000 VND, which is applicable to all cases of re-examination of one skill or all four skills. ).